Criteria for Most Inspiring Children-led Project
Projects submitted to the “Global Awards” need to fulfil each and every one of the following criteria to be deemed eligible:
- The project must be presented by a group of 2 or more children;
- Applicants must be supported by a Facilitator officially trained on the Learning to Live Together Programme or an Institution that has implemented the Learning to Live Together Programme;
- Projects can be either on going or completed during the period 2008 – 01 September 2018;
- Applicants must have the willingness to participate of the creation of a comics/interactive book showcasing the story of their project, and to be depicted as the main characters.
- Applicants must submit the application form and video through our webpage which will be open from 21 March 2018 to 01 September 2018 at 17:00 Geneva time.
- By submitting an application form and video, applicants accept the publication of the form and video on our website.
Children need to have an authorization letter by their parents or caregivers to showcase their work on social media and communication channels.
Shortlisted projects will be evaluated against a comprehensive set of criteria.
- The project demonstrates strong evidence on its children and youth-led nature;
- The project demonstrates how ethical reflections during the Learning to Live Together activities contributed towards collective actions by the group;
- The project demonstrates interfaith and/or intercultural learning among the children and youth implementing the project;
- The project is sensitive to the local contexts and contributes to positive transformations in the communities they live in;
- The project contributes to further mutual understanding and respect among people in the local context.
The winners will be awarded with the creation of a digital comic/interactive book showcasing the story of their project. The winners will feature as the main characters in the storybook and they will have the possibility to work with a young comic book artist that will support them with the making of the storybook. We will be working with Soufeina, a Comic Artist and Illustrator from Tunisia who was raised in Germany and lives in Ireland. You can see her work here http://tuffix.net